(Awakening Path) The liver is one of the most important organs in the body and is responsible for more than 400 functions, including filtering out the waste products and toxins from the body. Its main function is to convert toxins into safe materials that can later be excreted.
Liver is an organ crucial for our overall health. If you consume a healthy diet rich in essential nutrients, it will perform well. However, if you eat unhealthy food, the liver can get overworked pretty fast, resulting in toxins build-up in the body. The liver eliminates toxins in two phases – the first includes using enzymes to turn the toxins into less damaging compounds that can be detoxified later and the second phase is pairing the toxins with other molecules that boost their water solubility in order to eliminate them from the body.
Even if you eat a healthy diet, you still need to use non-toxic personal care products. Toxins are everywhere – in our air, soil and water, so we need to limit our exposure to them.
When the liver is overburdened, the body gets full of lipid-soluble toxins that get accumulated in the fat tissue, resulting in excess weight. This is why you need to stimulate your liver function with a holistic approach. Here are the common symptoms of a sluggish liver:
- Pessimistic emotions
- Hormonal imbalances
- Lethargy/feeling drained/brain fog
- Migraines/headaches behind the eyes/dull headaches relieved with rest
- Chronic muscle or joint pain
- Excessive perspiration
- Weight gain without any evident reason
- Chronic fatigue
- Abdominal pain, constipation, gases, diarrhea, bloating
- Issues digesting fats
- Chronic bad breath
- Chemical sensitivities
- Gall bladder removed
- Depression and anxiety
- Acne or skin disorders
- If you noticed any of these symptoms, you need to stimulate proper liver function and remove the toxins by:
- Eating a balanced diet
- Avoiding inflammatory oils
- Avoiding refined sugar
- Reducing your fructose consumption (20-25 gr. per day)
- Eliminating GMO products and buying only organic foods
- Using food sources of sulfur
- Eating animal-based and plant-based sources of amino acids
- Reducing your alcohol intake
- Increasing the consumption of green leafy vegetables
- Increasing the consumption of healthy fats
- Consuming enough fiber
- Drinking sufficient amounts of pure water
Furthermore, the next three natural products can help you restore the liver’s function:
Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric, is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that has numerous health benefits. It can assist the enzymes responsible for eliminating dietary carcinogens and thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, curcumin protects the liver against damage, regenerating the damaged cells. However, in order to increase its bioavailability, turmeric needs to be consumed with black pepper.
- Milk thistle
The active ingredient of milk thistle has powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-viral and anti-fibrotic properties which is why it is great for protecting the liver from toxic damage.
- Globe artichoke
This vegetable is high in fiber that can improve bile production and protect the liver against damage. It also lowers the bad (LDL) cholesterol.
This post was republished from awakening-path.net.